Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat

Share On:

Post subject: Nowt going on.
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:24 pm 
Bus Rider
Bus Rider

Dead in here ay it?
Could do with something being announced soon I.e. new shirts or signings as this closed season is getting rather boring now......

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Nowt going on.
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:43 pm 
Manager
Manager

Europa League draw on Wednesday so you can start filling your time working out to get to Outer Mongolia and back in time for the second leg.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:43 pm 
Wolves Academy
Wolves Academy

European draw on a Wednesday is something to look forward to!

Post Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:55 am 
Manager
Manager

Dead, is an understatement. .

New shirt..this week
They are locked away, waiting to go

Post Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:07 am 
Manager
Manager

MGW in England under 21 squad who play their first game this evening against France in the Euro Championship.

Its a talented group who will struggle due to poor coaching, team selection and strategy.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:13 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
MGW in England under 21 squad who play their first game this evening against France in the Euro Championship.

Its a talented group who will struggle due to poor coaching, team selection and strategy.

Some really good teams in the tournament, thought Austria looked a really good side last night, real shame about Hannes Wolf breaking his leg though, the Germans look good on the counter as well, Dahoud is a quality player

Post Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:18 am 
Manager
Manager

It's pretty hard to take anything from youth tournaments. The best young players of any country will already be established in the senior teams.

The best German players for example are already involved with the main team - Julian Brandt, Leroy Sane, Kai Havertz, Timo Werner, etc.

These are rather a "best of the rest" experimental sides. At best, you get to see how players cope with a tournament experience, but the pressure is ultimately nowhere near comparable to a senior competition.

I wonder if it would be in fact better for young players' development to have a good summer rest and be involved with their clubs' pre season tactical work, rather than have to play an added tournament.

Are we expecting MGW to learn anything from Aidy Boothroyd?

Post Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:33 am 
Manager
Manager

Looking forward to watching the French striker Jean-Philippe Mateta this evening.

Lots of interest although he has signed a new club contract.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:15 pm 
Manager
Manager

I remember Aidy Boothroyd being a not particularly successful long ball merchant, odd that he is managing the U 21s. Little surprised to see MGW in the squad.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:41 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

We need to bring back them end of season awards again for posters on here.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:04 am 
Manager
Manager

THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:
I remember Aidy Boothroyd being a not particularly successful long ball merchant, odd that he is managing the U 21s. Little surprised to see MGW in the squad.

I read somewhere someone calling Aidy Boothroyd a dinosaur, he's not even that. Steve Bruce is a dinosaur.
At least at its base point he knows the skill set of his players.

Just one question Aidy have you a clue as to the skill set of Tammy Abraham?

Post Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:38 am 
Manager
Manager

Thought that France were by far the better and skilled side, England looked laboured and lacking confidence. Boothroyd is a man out of his depth at this level.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:37 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

gladbachwolf wrote:
Thought that France were by far the better and skilled side, England looked laboured and lacking confidence. Boothroyd is a man out of his depth at this level.

That goal by Foden reminded me of me in my pomp whilst playing for Marstons in the Wolverhampton Works league.
In fairness to Boothroyd if Choudry had not behaved like a 6 year old with ADHD and a belly full of blue smarties I think we could have got a result, when we went to 10 men we got smothered.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:51 am 
Manager
Manager

Boothroyd has at least provided them with good experience for future England campaigns at least: Stupid red cards, utter inability to retain possession, running out of gas and turning wins into defeats in the closing moments.

A textbook example of moulding them into the classic England tournament mindset for when the FA appoint Boothroyd for the senior side in a few years.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:09 am 
Manager
Manager

With VAR sending the Scottish female team home we have to expect the worse if used the same way in the Premier league next season.

Stupidity rulz

Post Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:11 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Lots and lots of penalties coming next season, VAR was only supposed to be used for clear and obvious errors, some of these decisions being given based on var are anything but clear and obvious, penalties for handball given every game next season

Post Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:48 am 
Manager
Manager

That VAR decision had already been previewed two nights before in the France-Nigeria game.

You are going to see some crazy scorelines with these rules in the men's game where there is more tactical planning, cynicism and a higher skill level.

It was obviously already in the CL Final that Mane deliberately aimed to flick the ball in the direction of Sissoko's arm, knowing that the continental interpretation of handball and VAR would award the penalty.

If you then handicap the goalkeepers from even attempting a save, you may well see games ending up 8-5 or 7-6 in due course.

One ridiculous aspect of last night was the appallingly long interval to award the penalty. Now it was a clear penalty even in real-time, but once the referee fails to spot that, there need only be a VAR official in the earpiece to say "that was a penalty".

No need for umpteen replays, for the referee to personally then go to the side of the field and watch umpteen replays as well before whistling the kick. If it takes umpteen replays to decide then, by definition, it can't be a clear and obvious error.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:29 am 
Manager
Manager

gladbachwolf wrote:

I thought both the French and Romanian players had an ability to work many things out for themselves.
After twenty or so minutes of each game the opponents players understood when to press the ball or to drop deep.
England players looked unable to think with a correct purpose in mind and passed the ball for the sake of it.
Now the worry is are these players training in a comfort zone, doing the easy stuff without direction.
Because as soon as they face the pressure pass they very often fail.

At club level are the continental players holding their hands to enable them to cross the road?

They may be technical but they certainly aint tactical.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:26 am 
Manager
Manager

Womans World Cup.

What impressed me about the Germans yesterday was the way they matched the Africans nations physicality and running ability.

Can England do the same because some of the challenges will be reckless and dangerous.

Should Wolves invest far more into the female game to enable top level standards.

Would you go and watch?

Post Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:16 am 
Manager
Manager

England under 21 vs Croatia under 21.

Could be a draw.

The Croatian superstar in available for 15 million should Wolves be interested?

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:26 am 
Manager
Manager

Well the new shirt has arrived...for me not as nice as last years

Post Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:12 pm 
Manager
Manager

CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
Well the new shirt has arrived...for me not as nice as last years

The sponsor certainly looks daft on it. I really wonder whether half of these Asian gambling companies are actually just regular gambling websites or if it's all about shifting money around.

We'll know when wim a big club when we can attract a proper global company that has got nothing to do with gambling or bitcoins. At the moment we're in that grey zone between too large for any local business to afford to sponsor us and too small for a global company to be interested us to advertise their company.

Minus the sponsor - or without it being repositioned lower, minus that silly white ball and made smaller - I think the shirt's OK, but then I did buy (wear in public) the tyre track/dogdirt shirt all those years ago.

I'd have to see the colour in the flesh (online photos depend too much on the lighting) but it looks a little more spot on than last season, which was a little too far in the direction of yellow imo, particularly under the TV cameras.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:45 am 
Manager
Manager

You could say much the same about transfer targets Wolves stuck in a half way house.

Wanting top quality Wolves have to wait for whats available after clubs with Champions league next season fill their boots.

Agents of top players will view Wolves as a second rank alternative, especially with current wage scales.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:06 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

'Owt going on'

Yes - another one 'out'. Another academy youth deemed not to be up to making the grade. I hope there are others who WILL make the grade, as at present rates of purchase (i.e. nil, apart from the ones we knew already - Jimenez & the Donk), we are going to need several of last year's U23s to step up to the plate!

E Tenebris Oritur Lux - The Power of Positivity

Post Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:15 pm 
Manager
Manager

I was going to say summat but forgot what it was. :oops:

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:05 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Hopefully we pull a rabbit out the hat as we move ever closer to the deadline, just over 4 weeks left of the window and our first team squad is thread bare, don't like the constant reference to the U-23's fleshing the squad out, I don't see any Lescotts or Keane's amongst them

Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:59 am 
Manager
Manager

How would this float your boat, IFM..??

http://www.sportbible.com/football/news ... r-20190708

Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:20 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

gladbachwolf wrote:

Firstly I don't believe this rumour at all, but you'd be daft not to want that calibre of player at Wolves, we are too nice as a team and his level of shithousery would go down well with me, question marks over whether he still has it and his influence around the squad but he is (was) a damn good player

Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:37 pm 
Manager
Manager

Ironfistedmonk wrote:
gladbachwolf wrote:

Firstly I don't believe this rumour at all, but you'd be daft not to want that calibre of player at Wolves, we are too nice as a team and his level of shithousery would go down well with me, question marks over whether he still has it and his influence around the squad but he is (was) a damn good player

His agent is Mendes, so I can understand the linking with him. My worry would be that he would upset the harmony in the squad and be too big an ego for Nuno to manage in the long term. But, that said, he is a proven PL goalscorer, nasty bastard and who would have thought of Wolves fans not wanting him two years ago..?/ ;-)

Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:07 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Ironfistedmonk wrote:
gladbachwolf wrote:

Interesting.
Wolves have promoted their players who have excelled and bought a refreshing amount of professionalism in a league where histrionics and falsehoods prevail much to its detriment.

Perhaps I am getting a bit past it now but Diego represents everything I hate about football, skill and talent being prostituted by showmen and cheats across the globe to who's benefit?

I feel that Wolves fans would dislike him if he day score twice a game and forget him during his numerous bans and "Injuries"

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat