Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies

Share On:

Post Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:05 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

On we move to the Hammers. Maybe we can put the irons into the fire this week. Looks like Semedo is expected to play, let's hope we get the full Nelson on the right but maybe Vinagre will have to continue on the left for now. I feel that moving Traore away from covering the right back position will be better for all concerned and we now need to focus on scoring goals other than through Jiminez. Podence and possibly Neto might be the answer and the central midfield need to get up there more.

We can do this. Come on you Wolves.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:50 pm 
Manager
Manager

Our record since our return to the Prem has been a tasty 4 wins with 8 goals for and none against. I’d like to think that with them being affected by CV-19 that they won’t get anything out of us but you know what I’m thinking next!

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:09 am 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

They're a bit of enigma are West Ham. They've got the talent in their ranks to cause any team problems, but blow very hot and cold, mostly cold of late it must be said. With rumblings of discontent in their camp, the covid situation, their poor start and our perfect record against them since our return to the PL, it's got 1-0 to the Hammers written all over it.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:17 am 
Manager
Manager

lankywolf wrote:
They're a bit of enigma are West Ham. They've got the talent in their ranks to cause any team problems, but blow very hot and cold, mostly cold of late it must be said. With rumblings of discontent in their camp, the covid situation, their poor start and our perfect record against them since our return to the PL, it's got 1-0 to the Hammers written all over it.

I know what you mean. However, let’s enjoy the ups and downs like we always do! 8)

Post Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:36 am 
Manager
Manager

One day, the majority of the shots at goal taken by our wonderfully talented young forwards will go in.

If today's the day, and it's coming, the Hammers could be stuffed with a cricket score.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:38 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rui

Boly
Coady
Saiss

Semedo
Neves
Moutinho
Vinagre

Traore
Jimenez
Neto.

No Podence, must be injured as not on bench either.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:44 pm 
Manager
Manager

gladbachwolf wrote:
Rui

Boly
Coady
Saiss

Semedo
Neves
Moutinho
Vinagre

Traore
Jimenez
Neto.

Interesting selection, I wonder how well they know each other:

Substitutes
2 Hoever
17 Soares Silva
20 Machado Ferreira
21 Ruddy
32 Dendoncker
38 Shabani
49 Kilman

Post Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:46 pm 
Manager
Manager

SELWolf wrote:
gladbachwolf wrote:
Rui

Boly
Coady
Saiss

Semedo
Neves
Moutinho
Vinagre

Traore
Jimenez
Neto.

Interesting selection, I wonder how well they know each other:

Substitutes
2 Hoever
17 Soares Silva
20 Machado Ferreira
21 Ruddy
32 Dendoncker
38 Shabani
49 Kilman

Not well enough.....doh

Post Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:30 pm 
First XI
First XI

Saiss and Boly struggling. Vinagre not up to sctatch. Moutinho creating sweet f.a. Need to up our pace big style.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:00 pm 
Manager
Manager

Dreadful performance. Nuno`s given up and is giving the kids a run out. Don`t blame him.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:13 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

We don't seem interested... First time I've said that in a league game under Nuno... Somethings amiss.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:21 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Any chance we can as Jota to come back - we look a bit pants.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:28 pm 
Manager
Manager

I had a bad feeling about this game but I had no realisation that we’d be that bad.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:29 pm 
Manager
Manager

lankywolf wrote:
We don't seem interested... First time I've said that in a league game under Nuno... Somethings amiss.

The half time talk didn’t go down well, it seems.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:34 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

We have had better days under Nuno. Something needs sorting out. I think the loss of Jonny has hit harder than we realised and newcomers haven't settled in yet. I worry that Moutinho is not being influential too. Coady got found out a bit today too. Big task for Nuno to turn it round now.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:47 pm 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:
We have had better days under Nuno. Something needs sorting out. I think the loss of Jonny has hit harder than we realised and newcomers haven't settled in yet. I worry that Moutinho is not being influential too. Coady got found out a bit today too. Big task for Nuno to turn it round now.

Dunno about Coady. The two guys either side of him were pretty suspect I think which added pressure on him. Both Mouthino and Neves worry me. We should have cashed in on Traore, teams have found out how to deal with him. Rui ensured that we were still in the game come second half. Like the look of Semedo though although, overall, it was a shite team performance all round.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:04 pm 
Manager
Manager

Horrendous performance, especially from the back 3. Coady looked to be trying to emulate Danny Batth's horror show at Villa Park and pulled it off with aplomb.

Nuno needs to rethink things before too much damage is done. That's three games in a row we have lost and struggled to even test the opposition keeper, let alone score. After watching Man City almost score 5 or 6 against us but for Rui, this was a carbon copy, but against a much worse opponent.

Moutinho should be a steady head to come on as a sub, not an automatic starter. He can't do things quickly enough to unbalance the opponent and his dead ball delivery is poor.

A very worrying performance that won't be convincing any top talents to join "the project".

Introducing Mr Jeff Shi – Executive chairman, board member, acting managing director, acting sporting director, unofficial deputy to Raul Jimenez in the striker department and confirmed Banks's drinker

Post Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:13 pm 
Manager
Manager

desiwulf wrote:
Left back wrote:

Dunno about Coady. The two guys either side of him were pretty suspect I think which added pressure on him. Both Mouthino and Neves worry me. We should have cashed in on Traore, teams have found out how to deal with him. Rui ensured that we were still in the game come second half. Like the look of Semedo though although, overall, it was a shite team performance all round.

A save late on in the first half reminded me of that great save by Banks v Brazil but to his left rather than Banks who went down to his right. Fortunately, I only saw the first half (at the local pub) and came home for dinner to only listen to the second half. I won’t be watching MotD tonight and that’s for sure.

Last edited by SELWolf on Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:58 pm 
Manager
Manager

SELWolf wrote:
desiwulf wrote:
Left back wrote:

A save late on in the first half reminded me of that great save by Banks v Brazil but to his left rather than Banks who went down to his tight. Fortunately I only saw the first half (at the local pub) and came home for dinner to only listen to the second half. I won’t be watching MotD tonight and that’s for sure.

A sound decision.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:57 am 
Manager
Manager

First of all, I watched West Ham against Arsenal and they were unlucky to lose, and probably should have won. They deserved to win last night but I was horrified at how easily they carved us open. That was a very un-Nuno like performance, the worst under him by far. Defence all at sea, midfield non existent, and nobody attacking. They highlighted on BT Sport how isolated Traore was and the one cross he put in and there wasn't a single Wolves player in the box!

A pitiful performance and a massive week ahead on the Training ground for Nuno. He has to make some BIG decisions ahead of the Fulham game, as Mitrovic will have a field day against us. Then, we go to Leeds...

Post Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:02 am 
Manager
Manager

A lot of football is about unsung heroes . We are missing missing Jonny. Boy are we missing Jonny.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:52 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

suiging wrote:
A lot of football is about unsung heroes . We are missing missing Jonny. Boy are we missing Jonny.
I think we also missed Donk... He's the closest to a box to box midfielder we've got. He's got to come in for Moutinho who is now a spent force.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:06 pm 
Manager
Manager

lankywolf wrote:
suiging wrote:
I think we also missed Donk... He's the closest to a box to box midfielder we've got. He's got to come in for Moutinho who is now a spent force.

His stats were poor for the game yesterday but I wouldn’t write him off. He’s looks knackered and his dead balls aren’t as good as they used to be. He needs a rest and could well be useful as a bench player for a few games.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:17 pm 
First XI
First XI

We have lost 7 out of our last 12 games. A sorry statistic.
Traore, Neves, Boly, Saiss, Coady, all need to get their acts together. Moutinho and Vinagre shouldn't start v Fulham.
Donk and Vitinha must start alongside Neves.
Podence and Marcal need to get fit please.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:07 pm 
Manager
Manager

This season will be one of transition..No Doc, no Jonny and no Jota...hard acts to replace at any club. It's reality folks, get used to it..changing of the guard after three great seasons..that's life..and if Jimenez leaves....we're sunk..

Post Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:23 am 
First XI
First XI

gladbachwolf wrote:
This season will be one of transition..No Doc, no Jonny and no Jota...hard acts to replace at any club. It's reality folks, get used to it..changing of the guard after three great seasons..that's life..and if Jimenez leaves....we're sunk..

Agreed. I think we (supporters) are gonna have our patience tested to the limits this season. Trying to implement a big change in playing style without a pre-season is a big gamble, especially with untried youngsters (albeit expensive) trying to learn their trade on the fly. In Nuno we must trust. We mustn't go against him.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:26 pm 
Manager
Manager

Deano's Golden Boots wrote:
gladbachwolf wrote:

Agreed. I think we (supporters) are gonna have our patience tested to the limits this season. Trying to implement a big change in playing style without a pre-season is a big gamble, especially with untried youngsters (albeit expensive) trying to learn their trade on the fly. In Nuno we must trust. We mustn't go against him.

I'll give it till christmas before it starts ;)

Post Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:21 am 
Manager
Manager

davejonesears wrote:
Deano's Golden Boots wrote:
gladbachwolf wrote:

I'll give it till christmas before it starts ;)

It's catching on quicker than Corona on the other so called 'Fan" sites.

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies