Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Music, Movies, TV, Gaming and Literature

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Share On:

Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:26 am 
First XI
First XI

knocker knowles wrote:
Rather than this juvenile tat there is a better series with far higher quality in mostly everything.

Try Outlander. Warning this series is for Adults, kids can stick to Game Of Thrones.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00U ... 7Ckword%7C

A female as a main character. are you sure you can handle it?

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:13 am 
Manager
Manager

MichiganWolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
Rather than this juvenile tat there is a better series with far higher quality in mostly everything.

Try Outlander. Warning this series is for Adults, kids can stick to Game Of Thrones.

A female as a main character. are you sure you can handle it?

It will be a struggle but hopefully the fast forward option will help me out.
Thats what happens with Game Of Thrones I can usually speed watch four episodes in twenty five minutes.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:12 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:

"Based on a series of novels by Diana Gabaldon, Outlander—which debuts on Starz Saturday night, with Battlestar Galactica director Ron Moore at the helm—is a difficult series to label. With elements of fantasy, historical fiction, and science fiction, it’s a bit of a genre mutt, but above all it’s a romance. Its core conflict lies in the heart of Claire Randall (Caitriona Balfe), a headstrong, fiercely intelligent Englishwoman from the 1940s who falls through time into 18th century Scotland. Trapped between times and cultures, she finds herself torn between her love for her temporally estranged husband, Frank (Tobias Menzies), and her attraction to a handsome young highlander named Jamie (Sam Heughan).
Outlander is a fantasy story that engages in the sorts of fantasy we so rarely see on television: the kind that dares to put a woman, her experiences and her sexual desires at the center of the story—and lets them run the show. Where Game of Thrones‘s penchant for “sexposition” has catered almost exclusively to the sexual tastes of heterosexual men"

So basically a love story for girls KK,i'll be giving it a swerve but you carry on with it and your Barbara Cartland books :wink:

Post Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:11 am 
Manager
Manager

kenbarlowsslippers wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

"Based on a series of novels by Diana Gabaldon, Outlander—which debuts on Starz Saturday night, with Battlestar Galactica director Ron Moore at the helm—is a difficult series to label. With elements of fantasy, historical fiction, and science fiction, it’s a bit of a genre mutt, but above all it’s a romance. Its core conflict lies in the heart of Claire Randall (Caitriona Balfe), a headstrong, fiercely intelligent Englishwoman from the 1940s who falls through time into 18th century Scotland. Trapped between times and cultures, she finds herself torn between her love for her temporally estranged husband, Frank (Tobias Menzies), and her attraction to a handsome young highlander named Jamie (Sam Heughan).
Outlander is a fantasy story that engages in the sorts of fantasy we so rarely see on television: the kind that dares to put a woman, her experiences and her sexual desires at the center of the story—and lets them run the show. Where Game of Thrones‘s penchant for “sexposition” has catered almost exclusively to the sexual tastes of heterosexual men"

So basically a love story for girls KK,i'll be giving it a swerve but you carry on with it and your Barbara Cartland books :wink:

There's also a great deal of buggery in it. So graphic in later episodes and violent that anyone enjoying it for " the historical" content, has issues

Post Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:00 am 
Manager
Manager

Back on the Throne -

Some of you have already read the books so are far ahead of us viewing punters so, without any real spoilers, was that leap by the Stark and the Reek a leap of faith or a double suicide. :?

I thought the blond bit had more than 1 dragon so what happened to the others :?

What happened to the thousands of Un-Sullied and how were they overcome by a few nutters in golden masks and how did the midget and others escape their clutches after the dragon flew off :?

The Walk of Shame understood, but the others 9Wife and Bro of the King) are still under lock and key of the Head Sparrow :?

I don't really understand who the Fire Woman is and how she came into Stannis' circle, but she has never seen him win a battle at all. I would have fired her a long time ago.

So, not only Dragon Glass, but Valerium Steel can also kill White Walkers?

Any suggestions as to who the 7 foot tall new bodyguard of the Shamed Queen Mother is?

CONFESS. :wink:

Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow

Post Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:27 pm 
First XI
First XI

Moscow Wolf wrote:
Back on the Throne -

Some of you have already read the books so are far ahead of us viewing punters so, without any real spoilers, was that leap by the Stark and the Reek a leap of faith or a double suicide. :?

I thought the blond bit had more than 1 dragon so what happened to the others :?

What happened to the thousands of Un-Sullied and how were they overcome by a few nutters in golden masks and how did the midget and others escape their clutches after the dragon flew off :?

The Walk of Shame understood, but the others 9Wife and Bro of the King) are still under lock and key of the Head Sparrow :?

I don't really understand who the Fire Woman is and how she came into Stannis' circle, but she has never seen him win a battle at all. I would have fired her a long time ago.

So, not only Dragon Glass, but Valerium Steel can also kill White Walkers?

Any suggestions as to who the 7 foot tall new bodyguard of the Shamed Queen Mother is?

CONFESS. :wink:

The two other dragons are still chained up under the fighting pit (or that's where they were in the book IIRC). Drogon was the only one that wouldn't be tamed by Khaleesi, at the time anways.

Valyrian steel can kill white walkers. It is supposedly forged by dragon fire and most of the valyrian steel weapons are ancient. Very expensive, but there are some out there. The sword Jaime gave to Brienne (Oathkeeper) is made of Valyrian steel. It is made from Ned Stark's sword. So was the sword given to Joffrey by Tywin on his wedding day. That sword is now possessed by Tommen. The knife that was used in the attempted murder of Bran was also made of Valyrian steel. I'm sure there's some other ones out there as well that we just don't know about.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:50 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:

I bought series two of Ray Donovan yesterday and watched the first episode which was excellent.
Jon Voight acting the self centred prat in Mexico was highly entertaining, the only downside with this series is
They try and write to much into each script rather than have a little less and letting it flow, its still a good seven out of ten though.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:51 am 
Manager
Manager

Just watched the last two episodes back to back. Can`t recall seeing the young puppy Snow in this series, Bron is it? Sad to see John Snow cop it, he didn`t have much of a life did he? I think the wicked queen will come back stronger than ever ( mind you I haven`t read the books). Good to see the little feller and the bald one reunited, could be a formidable force. Am I right in thinking Sansa and Reek jump into a snowdrift and, hence survive? Too many questions. I think I`m still hooked.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:48 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

I bought series two of Ray Donovan yesterday and watched the first episode which was excellent.
Jon Voight acting the self centred prat in Mexico was highly entertaining, the only downside with this series is
They try and write to much into each script rather than have a little less and letting it flow, its still a good seven out of ten though.

Love Jon Voight KK.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:51 pm 
Manager
Manager

desiwulf wrote:
Just watched the last two episodes back to back. Can`t recall seeing the young puppy Snow in this series, Bron is it? Sad to see John Snow cop it, he didn`t have much of a life did he? I think the wicked queen will come back stronger than ever ( mind you I haven`t read the books). Good to see the little feller and the bald one reunited, could be a formidable force. Am I right in thinking Sansa and Reek jump into a snowdrift and, hence survive? Too many questions. I think I`m still hooked.

Did you mean the young pup STARK and his man servant Hodor by any chance?

If so, yes, neither made an appearance in this last series. :?:

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:31 pm 
Manager
Manager

Ta Moscow, expect them to feature in the next series then. They are juggling too many balls methinks.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:20 pm 
Manager
Manager

desiwulf wrote:
Ta Moscow, expect them to feature in the next series then. They are juggling too many balls methinks.

With only ten episodes in the series it is juggling too much.Early days that was ok but now we have so much more you have to go to 13 at least.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:09 pm 
Manager
Manager

desiwulf wrote:

With only ten episodes in the series it is juggling too much.Early days that was ok but now we have so much more you have to go to 13 at least.

Maybe it would be better to edit out some of the characters then. Enough get killed off, just don`t replace them then adding sub plots to plots. Of course, I haven`t read the books perhaps they become less the further into the books you go.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:32 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Didn't GRRM have to spread multiple storylines out over 2 books? I'm not surprised things got missed out. Bran's storyline was dull anyway lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:37 pm 
Manager
Manager

He will be back!!!! :wink:

Post Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:28 am 
Manager
Manager

Cally wrote:
Didn't GRRM have to spread multiple storylines out over 2 books? I'm not surprised things got missed out. Bran's storyline was dull anyway lol.

But he has strange powers and last time they featured, I thought they were heading for the Ice Wall.

I have a suspicion that his powers might be necessary to defeat the White Walkers but that is my pure wild guess.

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:08 am 
Manager
Manager

Moscow Wolf wrote:
Cally wrote:

But he has strange powers and last time they featured, I thought they were heading for the Ice Wall.

I have a suspicion that his powers might be necessary to defeat the White Walkers but that is my pure wild guess.

Bran is becoming powerful in the books. Flying, seeing through history by tree lore. He will be a player in the end.

What odds on the Red Woman resurrecting JonSnow ?

Post Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:03 pm 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
Moscow Wolf wrote:
Cally wrote:

Bran is becoming powerful in the books. Flying, seeing through history by tree lore. He will be a player in the end.

I just started reading the first of the books and they're as thick as an old telephone directory. :roll:

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:37 pm 
First XI
First XI

Cally wrote:

Yep. The fourth book and the first 2/3 or so of the fifth book are going on at the same time chronologically.

The show is pretty much at an even pace with the books now (ahead in certain ways). But they've had to alter or cut so much. There are 5 Greyjoy POV characters in the 4th/5th books IIRC. They've cut all of them except for Reek out altogether and do not think they will bring them back in the TV show at all.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:27 pm 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
Moscow Wolf wrote:
Cally wrote:

Spotted in Belfast :wink:

Post Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:05 pm 
The Whippet
The Whippet

I have read this week that the new series (season) has been delayed, any idea when it will be televised as it normally starts in April?

Post Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:07 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

The Whippet wrote:
I have read this week that the new series (season) has been delayed, any idea when it will be televised as it normally starts in April?

Last I heard was that it would start in the summer and would be shorter (7 episodes I think!) I've started reading the books to help fill the void :-(

Post Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:39 pm 
Manager
Manager

Only 13 more episodes in total are going to be made.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:24 am 
Manager
Manager

I wonder which managers, ex managers, players would fit well into which roles in a FA version of the show.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:34 am 
Manager
Manager

Wolfhawk wrote:
I wonder which managers, ex managers, players would fit well into which roles in a FA version of the show.

Don't think GOT is the thing mate. I know for a fact that Tolkien modelled Gollum on Harry Redknapp.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:55 am 
Manager
Manager

It's back shortly?

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:43 am 
Wolves Reserve
Wolves Reserve

Well we're away and running again.. multi death intro, use of the word 'cnut' within twenty minutes and the Hound at his insulting best.. :lol: God I've missed this show.. :wink:

Post Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:07 pm 
Manager
Manager

DazDC5 wrote:
Well we're away and running again.. multi death intro, use of the word 'cnut' within twenty minutes and the Hound at his insulting best.. :lol: God I've missed this show.. :wink:

It reminds me of the "This Government " thread.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:48 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

suiging wrote:
DazDC5 wrote:

It reminds me of the "This Government " thread.

:lol:

Post Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:32 pm 
Manager
Manager

I was looking online for new tv series late sunday night when I came across this rubbish.

Well I thought best give it another go, the crowd has gathered and speak highly of it.

First five minutes, very predictable, well the episode I was watching was.

Some joker had gathered his folk, and was offering them a round of drinks, now every fucker knows he is going to poison them right. gullible or what.

Then some childish philosophy again predictable when another bloke gain allegiance from two families that had previously fought against him. fucking yawn, cut their friggin throats man.

Cut to white winter scene, good for computer generated technology.

Thats enough of that childish cock, switch off time.

What a waste of ten minutes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Music, Movies, TV, Gaming and Literature