Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Share On:

Post subject: Re: BBC
 Post Posted: Fri May 31, 2019 5:26 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

John Cleese has become a very strange man, with some strange opinions.

Of course London is an English city. It is for that reason that it is a many cultural place that welcomes people from across the world. A diverse collection of people who are on the whole living peacefully and peaceably.

Perhaps Cleese has an old fashioned view of what it means to be English? Maybe the Basil Fawlty post-bang-on-the-head - 'don't mention the war' - was closer to the real man than we would like to admit as we laughed....

E Tenebris Oritur Lux - The Power of Positivity

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Fri May 31, 2019 9:02 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

SilverstoneWolf wrote:
John Cleese has become a very strange man, with some strange opinions.

Of course London is an English city. It is for that reason that it is a many cultural place that welcomes people from across the world. A diverse collection of people who are on the whole living peacefully and peaceably.

Perhaps Cleese has an old fashioned view of what it means to be English? Maybe the Basil Fawlty post-bang-on-the-head - 'don't mention the war' - was closer to the real man than we would like to admit as we laughed....

It was his opinion, he is entitled to have one, and indeed air one. If people dont agree with it then so be it, it dont make it wrong or them right.
His opinion has caused much knicker up crackery and murderous rage amongst he Twitterati and the self indulgent pseudo online experts. Fuck em, I believe in free speech within the bounds of the law, not within the confines of someone else's frailties.

Post Posted: Fri May 31, 2019 9:31 pm 

100% agree everyone entitled to an opinion, but when those opinions become increasingly bizarre then sometimes to is best not to air them quite so publicly.... I think he treads a fine line.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:48 am 
Manager
Manager

SilverstoneWolf wrote:
100% agree everyone entitled to an opinion, but when those opinions become increasingly bizarre then sometimes to is best not to air them quite so publicly.... I think he treads a fine line.

In comparative terms, a mild quote that offends the woke sends Islington into a tailspin. On the other hand, the media roll out the likes of Owen Jones on a regular basis, to spew out vile, puerile cobblers when ever he wants, and not a murmur is heard. Go figure?

Last edited by suiging on Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:58 am 
Manager
Manager

SilverstoneWolf wrote:

I actually think Cleese is correct, the world he knew through the first fifty or more years of his life is gone forever. Good and bad.

A question I would ask is do cultures with different values mix very well and can they eventually through a passage of time develop a better society.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:28 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
SilverstoneWolf wrote:

I actually think Cleese is correct, the world he knew through the first fifty or more years of his life is gone forever. Good and bad.

A question I would ask is do cultures with different values mix very well and can they eventually through a passage of time develop a better society.

Cosmopolitan cities exist for nothing else but money. Yes, you may get the odd "Yoga" retreat where different cultures come together to find enlightenment, but cities exist for trade and money. They always have, they always will. Cleese has forgotten this fundamental principle. The starry eyed memories of the post-war days come from suburbia. London, Manchester, and Liverpool at the sharp end, have always heaved with folk from all over the world doing what they do best, trading, or working for traders.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:32 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

SilverstoneWolf wrote:

The reason I responded to your post Silver is that you go past his opinion onto his history and deride him for it. His opinions now have no relationship to his career, good or bad, some 40 years ago.
This historic hand wringing and phony indignation by the soppy Twitter hordes really grips my shit TBH.
People are actually losing their livelihoods now for something they may have said or wrote 20 years ago that suddenly causes righteous horror in folk today.
Social media today has given a voice to the fool (present company excluded) of course, and in some cases the total idiotic aka Danny Baker, now THERE was something to get ones undercrackers twisted about.
I just feel that millions upon millions of people have died giving their descendants the right of free speech which in some countries still does not exist, yet people have wasted the gift by becoming increasingly frail and sickly when people exercise the right.

Ironically..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYkbqzWVHZI

Post Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:11 pm 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
SilverstoneWolf wrote:

Cosmopolitan cities exist for nothing else but money. Yes, you may get the odd "Yoga" retreat where different cultures come together to find enlightenment, but cities exist for trade and money. They always have, they always will. Cleese has forgotten this fundamental principle. The starry eyed memories of the post-war days come from suburbia. London, Manchester, and Liverpool at the sharp end, have always heaved with folk from all over the world doing what they do best, trading, or working for traders.

I suppose Cleese has generally lived in a pampered bubble, gained a profile and was rewarded easy money. A person who never felt the harsh realities that most folk constantly endure.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:17 pm 

Perhaps as I hardly engage with social networks such as twitter, Facebook and the like means I have completely missed all the comments from the 'twitterati' which seem to have so upset people!

Apologies if I have missed the snowstorm of anti-Cleese stuff from the Islington mafia....

I just find Cleese bizarre - in a not very pleasant way!

Post Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:57 pm 
Wolves Academy
Wolves Academy

The BBC has got a lot of flak on here

I think they have covered the D Day commemoration really well

Watched a really good documentary about the campaign tonight. Very touching

Amazing story

Post Posted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:46 am 
Manager
Manager

raggedwolf wrote:

Amazing story

Its certainly the kind of thing they do really well, watching and listening to those veterans humbles us all.
Time for serious reflection by us all because of others who gave everything.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:04 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
raggedwolf wrote:

Amazing story

Its certainly the kind of thing they do really well, watching and listening to those veterans humbles us all.
Time for serious reflection by us all because of others who gave everything.

Heroic one and all. Sorry to say it, but I found May's " Thank You" disingenuous. Thanking all veterans ? Mmmm. Ask the veterans from Iraq, Afghanistan and Northern Ireland who are being hounded on the evidence of terrorists facing jail and a lifetime of regret that they gave their lives for a country who wishes to punish them on behalf of the woke who live in freedom as a result of their sacrifice.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:44 am 
Manager
Manager

I hope the media have informed its readers/watchers that the UN plus nations such as Germany and France have endorsed Jeremy Corbyns views on Iran.

Don't hold your breathe.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:21 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
I hope the media have informed its readers/watchers that the UN plus nations such as Germany and France have endorsed Jeremy Corbyns views on Iran.

Don't hold your breathe.

I am aware that the UN have called for an Independent probe. Can you please tell me what they, and France and Germany specifically said endorsing Corbyn's stance and from what source you have that?

Post Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:29 pm 
Manager
Manager

Lets see if the BBC balance their coverage

EU foreign ministers remained unconvinced by US allegations that Iran was behind last week’s attack on two Gulf tankers, as they arrived at a meeting on Monday.

There was strong support among EU countries for an independent UN investigation and calls for more evidence – with the UK relatively ISOLATED in its support of the Trump administration’s line.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 61776.html

Post Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:45 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
Lets see if the BBC balance their coverage

EU foreign ministers remained unconvinced by US allegations that Iran was behind last week’s attack on two Gulf tankers, as they arrived at a meeting on Monday.

There was strong support among EU countries for an independent UN investigation and calls for more evidence – with the UK relatively ISOLATED in its support of the Trump administration’s line.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 61776.html

Thank you. You will see that the BBC news website does report Iran's denial, the UN's comment that the truth needs to be clearly established and Russia's urging of the need for caution. Reasonably balanced there if you want to see it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/42555015

Post Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:46 am 
Manager
Manager

Germany Joins Chorus Casting Doubt on Trump Administration Claim That Iran was Behind Attack on Oil Tankers

https://www.newsweek.com/iran-gulf-oman ... on-1444112

Post Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:51 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
Germany Joins Chorus Casting Doubt on Trump Administration Claim That Iran was Behind Attack on Oil Tankers

The Germans say "It is not enough". That's not doubting the evidence given, it's saying that 99% is not enough for them, they want 100% before they would back a possible military intervention. I don't blame them. They haven't really done that well in wars recently.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:51 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

suiging wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

The Germans say "It is not enough". That's not doubting the evidence given, it's saying that 99% is not enough for them, they want 100% before they would back a possible military intervention. I don't blame them. They haven't really done that well in wars recently.

It's the way Knocker tells 'em "Germany Joins Chorus". Just as when he said that the UN France and Germany were endorsing Corbyn's view. They were taking a similar stance but I doubt if they even knew what Corbyn had said at the time they certainly didn't quote that they agreed with Corbyn.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:12 pm 
Manager
Manager

So as well as an anti-semetic Iman, the BBC let a Labour staffer who supports Hitler ask questions of Conservative leadership candidates. If it wasn't true you couldn't make it up.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:58 am 
Manager
Manager

BBC Newsnight.

Footage shows foreign office minister Mark Field MP removing a protestor from the Mansion House dinner earlier this evening.

“It looks to be a very difficult situation for everyone concerned,” says @AlistairBurtUK

#newsnight | @KirstyWark

Post Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:26 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
BBC Newsnight.

Footage shows foreign office minister Mark Field MP removing a protestor from the Mansion House dinner earlier this evening.

“It looks to be a very difficult situation for everyone concerned,” says @AlistairBurtUK

#newsnight | @KirstyWark

Where was the security - how the hell did they get in?
I think it was perfectly reasonable behaviour to eject her, she could have been anyone.

She could have had some eggs to throw-then where would we be?

Post Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:29 pm 
Manager
Manager

davejonesears wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
BBC Newsnight.

#newsnight | @KirstyWark

Where was the security - how the hell did they get in?
I think it was perfectly reasonable behaviour to eject her, she could have been anyone.

She could have had some eggs to throw-then where would we be?

She could have been a Jo Brand fan! And she was bloody ginger.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:33 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
BBC Newsnight.

#newsnight | @KirstyWark

The reason I posted those words was because the BBC framed it wrong. And they know it.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:27 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
BBC Newsnight.

#newsnight | @KirstyWark

The reason I posted those words was because the BBC framed it wrong. And they know it.

A breach of the peace at the very least was about to be committed. Although my Jo Brand quote was in a way flippant, in a way it was very real. You can't look at recent history and not see the number of violent acts that have been committed by retards following the comments of the idiotic. No one knew, or could have known what that women's intentions were. She was removed by a member of the public to prevent further possible crime. It matters not his position. He is a citizen with a moral and some would say an obligation to act, in order to uphold the peace. He did.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:41 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Justifiable response, reasonable and lawful force used, move on.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:42 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:

Perhaps they have been looking at the way you do things.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:19 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
BBC Newsnight.

#newsnight | @KirstyWark

Look at the wording again.

Removing a protester.

difficult situation for all concerned.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:44 am 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
BBC Newsnight.

#newsnight | @KirstyWark

Removing a protester.

difficult situation for all concerned.

So what , in your opinion ,happened?

What would you rather have .."Violent man assaults peaceable law abiding woman citizen in unprovoked attack"?

Would that suit your agenda more?

Post Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:53 am 
Manager
Manager

"]BBC Newsnight.

#newsnight | @KirstyWark[/quote]

The reason I posted those words was because the BBC framed it wrong. And they know it.[/quote]

Removing a protester.

difficult situation for all concerned.[/quote]

So what , in your opinion ,happened?

What would you rather have .."Violent man assaults peaceable law abiding woman citizen in unprovoked attack"?

Would that suit your agenda more?[/quote]

Its not an agenda, its asking for accuracy when reporting.
Most people would say grabbing someone by the neck is assault, worse when man on woman.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 471 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand