Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand

Share On:

Post subject: US Election
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:08 am 
Wolves Academy
Wolves Academy

Well this is one of the more unusual elections and I suspect there will be a few more twists and turns before it is done.

What do you think the impact of President Trump having COVID will be on the outcome? Who do you want to win?

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: US Election
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:53 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

raggedwolf wrote:
Well this is one of the more unusual elections and I suspect there will be a few more twists and turns before it is done.

What do you think the impact of President Trump having COVID will be on the outcome? Who do you want to win?

As a prolific sceptic I would wager after Trumps childish pillow fight with Biden this week his 'Advisers' may have suggested that the best time to contract Covid might be now sir.....

Apparently Boris phoned him up today to say "It hurts doe it"... :mrgreen:

On a serious note the Americans thoroughly deserve who they get and Trump will be very hard to beat. However, the country will definitely vote for the candidate who respects their pigmentation, or at least publicly purports to do so.

They have had four years of redneck bluster and ill advised comment but do they long for the previous incumbents record of achieving slightly shy of fuck all?

Post Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:36 pm 
Manager
Manager

We speak the same language but we`re worlds apart.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:18 am 
Manager
Manager

As the luvvies line up to wish another human being death with impunity, while at the same time demanding criminal prosecutions if someone calls Sharon, an ex-bodybuilding, tattooed, bouncer from Sandwell, Mick - a name he was born with, and one which the bulge in his frock probably suggests he should still have, countless other '911 conspiracy' theorists will say the same about Boris and Trumpton.... "It's all made up !"

Tis what it is.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:12 pm 
Wolves Academy
Wolves Academy

Nearly at the moment of truth , barring the court cases afterwards. There will be trouble whoever wins. Should we care who does?
Makes a change from thinking about Covid...

Post Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:57 pm 
Manager
Manager

raggedwolf wrote:
Nearly at the moment of truth , barring the court cases afterwards. There will be trouble whoever wins. Should we care who does?
Makes a change from thinking about Covid...

Indeed it will, a welcome if temporary break from Covid life.

The fact that although stating that he has won, Trump has already started court proceedings...why on earth would he do this, unless he knows he has lost and is getting his protest actions in early..??

Still too tight to call with any confidence. It's like a soap opera.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:36 pm 
Manager
Manager

The obvious trouble with the deluded narcissist is that they truly believe that what they say is the truth.

So the Republican legislature of Pennsylvania didn’t let the postal count begin until the polls had closed and Trump wants all postal votes cast which haven’t yet been counted to be nullified. That, my friends, is Republican democracy in the great US of A.

"US Election 2020: Armed Trump Supporters Force Arizona Counting Centre To Shut Down...” Another example of Republican democracy.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:38 pm 
Manager
Manager

SELWolf wrote:
The obvious trouble with the deluded narcissist is that they truly believe that what they say is the truth.

So the Republican legislature of Pennsylvania didn’t let the postal count begin until the polls had closed and Trump wants all postal votes cast which haven’t yet been counted to be nullified. That, my friends, is Republican democracy in the great US of A.

"US Election 2020: Armed Trump Supporters Force Arizona Counting Centre To Shut Down...” Another example of Republican democracy.

4 Trump supporters stabbed in brawls outside the White House- Not all Democrats are blameless.

Is civil war in the US just around the corner?

Post Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:26 am 
Manager
Manager

Any one notice that when the luvvies are winning, the electoral process is sacrosanct ? It doesn't matter how close it is. It doesn't matter if one side wishes to challenge the legality of the vote in the courts, the result must stand. Folk who wish to challenge the liberal elite's win are beyond contempt..... With Brexit however.......

Post Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:47 pm 
Manager
Manager

It is most noteworthy that even back in 2016, when he won the election, Trump was talking of voter fraud and lawsuits to follow...getting his excuses in early before the vote was certified, he has done it again this time, in full knowledge that he is going to lose. You can't have your bread buttered on both sides, Donald. Seeing the US TV media cut off his speech after he had spoken lies and inaccuracies says it all.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:17 pm 
Manager
Manager

gladbachwolf wrote:
It is most noteworthy that even back in 2016, when he won the election, Trump was talking of voter fraud and lawsuits to follow...getting his excuses in early before the vote was certified, he has done it again this time, in full knowledge that he is going to lose. You can't have your bread buttered on both sides, Donald. Seeing the US TV media cut off his speech after he had spoken lies and inaccuracies says it all.

About what ? Trump ? or the US Media? ...or both?

Our media are just as bad - always looking for an angle to undermne - they really piss me off and have done for a few years.

btw Im no Trump fan - I thnk he's a nut job , but internal US politics is little to do with me - I'm British.

Although you'd think from the BBC & SKY News blanket coverage the UK are merely an extra American state.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:32 pm 
Manager
Manager

My American friend is very upset with his Grandad for voting for Biden. When he was alive, he was a staunch Republican.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:25 am 
Manager
Manager

My friend in Iowa voted Trump, better of two poor choices he called it....I told him that Biden is not anywhere near ideal but I would have had him gain my vote just to try and get someone with a bit of balance and lack of waffle and bullshit to lead that country. All Trump did was manage / oversee the economy well, everything else just about ignored by him. Worst ever incumbent of the White House..???

Post Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:54 pm 
Manager
Manager

gladbachwolf wrote:
My friend in Iowa voted Trump, better of two poor choices he called it....I told him that Biden is not anywhere near ideal but I would have had him gain my vote just to try and get someone with a bit of balance and lack of waffle and bullshit to lead that country. All Trump did was manage / oversee the economy well, everything else just about ignored by him. Worst ever incumbent of the White House..???

His overseas policies, albeit isolationist to a degree worked. He pulled troops out from war zones, and the killing of the Iranian Militia leader followed by offering the hand of peace after allowing minimal retaliation, will be seen in history as a bit of a coup. Apart from that, he's a twat.

Biden's "I never let anyone into my house wearing orange" and his picture opportunities over many years with IRA members, tells a tale about him. Watch for an upsurge in violence in the Province as the gunmen return with what they perceive to be, Uncle Sam's backing. NORAID MK2 on it's way. Watch for a jovial Paddy, pushing a tin around a bar near you if you live anywhere on the Eastern Seaboard.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:39 pm 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
gladbachwolf wrote:

His overseas policies, albeit isolationist to a degree worked. He pulled troops out from war zones, and the killing of the Iranian Militia leader followed by offering the hand of peace after allowing minimal retaliation, will be seen in history as a bit of a coup. Apart from that, he's a twat.

Biden's "I never let anyone into my house wearing orange" and his picture opportunities over many years with IRA members, tells a tale about him. Watch for an upsurge in violence in the Province as the gunmen return with what they perceive to be, Uncle Sam's backing. NORAID MK2 on it's way. Watch for a jovial Paddy, pushing a tin around a bar near you if you live anywhere on the Eastern Seaboard.

Bloody hell. You get an education on here.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:33 pm 
Wolves Academy
Wolves Academy

A 2020 good news story at last...

Post Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:22 pm 
Manager
Manager

raggedwolf wrote:
A 2020 good news story at last...

Well not if you are Trump supporter of course- and judging by the voting there was still plenty of them around.

I'm sure I read somehwere he lost the White male vote - which is interesting.

Iv'e really never understood why some many of the British population & the UK media go on (and on and on) about him.

I don't really care tbh so I'll leave all the moaning to the septics . unless of course Siuings warnings come to fruition- in which case it will.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:09 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Who will the BBC editorial hierarchy constantly target now then?

It is good to see the back of Trump who like Obama appealed to his supporters for no other reason than he looked like them. Both of them achieved fuck all in their terms and left their country in no better state than when they inherited it.

I am not really sure how a 77 year old man like Biden can influence or lead a country 24/7, I suspect he will be wheeled out every now and again like young Mr Grace in "Are you being served" telling the country that they are all doing very well.

I for one welcome observing American politics now without being instructed how to do so by the BBC.

My guess as to what Bidens first policy decision is that the USA re-enter the Paris climate agreement.

He will then publicly phone either Putin or Johnson , that will speak a thousand words.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:15 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:

It is good to see the back of Trump who like Obama appealed to his supporters for no other reason than he looked like them. Both of them achieved fuck all in their terms and left their country in no better state than when they inherited it.

I am not really sure how a 77 year old man like Biden can influence or lead a country 24/7, I suspect he will be wheeled out every now and again like young Mr Grace in "Are you being served" telling the country that they are all doing very well.

I for one welcome observing American politics now without being instructed how to do so by the BBC.

My guess as to what Bidens first policy decision is that the USA re-enter the Paris climate agreement.

He will then publicly phone either Putin or Johnson , that will speak a thousand words.

The BBC will now lead the charge to prosecute Trump for everything up to and including the Kennedy assassination

Post Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:54 am 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
gladbachwolf wrote:

There was an interesting clip on the news last night. Biden being followed by a retinue including press.
A voice said something like "Mr Biden, I`m BBC" to which Biden replied " I`m Irish" and kept on walking.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:54 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

suiging wrote:
Rozza wrote:

The BBC will now lead the charge to prosecute Trump for everything up to and including the Kennedy assassination

There was some fake tan found on the grassy knoll you know?

Post Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:04 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Rozza wrote:

I love the young Mr Grace comparison but Ms Harris will need to tell us about her policies not her pussy.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:44 pm 
Wolves Academy
Wolves Academy

Can’t agree about Trump and Obama being equal failures Rozza
Obama’s administration dealt successfully with the financial crash - Biden contributed a lot to that- he improved healthcare and was the first President to do anything to address climate change.
And then there is the fact he managed to get elected despite being black with huge support from both black and white voters. He couldn’t turn the US chronic race problems round in 8 years and expectations for what he could do were impossibly high - but just getting there will make a difference in the long run

Trump presided over an economy on the mend after the Obama administration sorted the problems out which he sugar rushed with tax cuts mainly favouring the rich . I don’t think his Iran policy will improve things and pulling trips out of Syria betrayed the Kurds who made the hard yards defeating Isis. I do accept he gave a voice to millions of Americans whose views are conservative and that was a significant achievement in itself as evidenced by the huge number of votes he got.

His legacy is to have fuelled division in the US and made their politics toxic. He also has significant responsibility for the whole- “ anything I don’t like is fake news” approach even where things are actually true.

Good riddance.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:17 pm 
Manager
Manager

desiwulf wrote:
suiging wrote:
gladbachwolf wrote:

There was an interesting clip on the news last night. Biden being followed by a retinue including press.
A voice said something like "Mr Biden, I`m BBC" to which Biden replied " I`m Irish" and kept on walking.

So he's a typical yank tosser then.

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand