Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies

Share On:

Post Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:07 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

A tough one for the first homer of the season but we did the double last year, let's have another go. Nuno wants us to be more than a counter attacking team, well let's see what we can do. We certainly need to do better than Thursday but I am sure the lads will be up for this one.

Come on you Wolves.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:28 pm 
Manager
Manager

What’s the cheapest way of watching it? The Sky deal sounds good because one can end the contract at any time but we’re not on Sky very often in the first window of games. Is there a deal for around a tenner from some company?

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:40 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

I just pay monthly subscriptions to Sky and BT so I'm no expert but I would think the NOW TV day pass for occasional matches on Sky is probably best.

I don't know if this is any help

https://www.savethestudent.org/save-mon ... v.html#sky

Post Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:09 pm 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:
I just pay monthly subscriptions to Sky and BT so I'm no expert but I would think the NOW TV day pass for occasional matches on Sky is probably best.

I don't know if this is any help

https://www.savethestudent.org/save-mon ... v.html#sky

Thanks for that , Ray. I’ll either go for that or a £25 BT monthly pass tomorrow and hope that we get an extra game in during October.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:20 am 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

SELWolf wrote:
What’s the cheapest way of watching it? The Sky deal sounds good because one can end the contract at any time but we’re not on Sky very often in the first window of games. Is there a deal for around a tenner from some company?

Now TV Mobile. It's about 6 quid a month. Only problem is you can't cast to your TV, or mirror to your TV through smart view.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:24 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Get a firestick and a IPTV supplier and its all gravy.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:47 am 
Manager
Manager

It will be interesting to see how the factor of it being City's first match plays out.

Will they be fully focused and fresher or rather rusty? With Liverpool already 6 points ahead they will surely be going full steam for the victory tonight.

Despite last season's heroics, we will do well to get anything out of the game. A few more weeks and hopefully we will add more goals to the squad. At present, it is too goal shy imo with the loss of Doherty and Jota added to an already low-scoring team.

Introducing Mr Jeff Shi – Executive chairman, board member, acting managing director, acting sporting director, unofficial deputy to Raul Jimenez in the striker department and confirmed Banks's drinker

Post Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:49 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rui

Boly
Coady
Saiss

Traore
Moutinho
Neves
Marcal

Neto
Jimenez
Podence.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:38 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Some Liverpool forum commenting on why we could let Jota go, saying Neto good, but Podence was excellent and the real deal - can't say I am as convinced as they are, but then I have always been a Jota fan boy, and now have to find somewhere else to hang my hat!

Post Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:47 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Nice dive from Sterling - thinks he is still by the pool on his hols.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:37 pm 
Manager
Manager

TStarr wrote:
Nice dive from Sterling - thinks he is still by the pool on his hols.

Exactly and he should have been booked.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:39 pm 
Manager
Manager

A shame they fluked that last goal as a one-goal defeat was a nice, flattering result for us.

We MUST have a new right-back on the field next game. Traore can never play there again, it's a complete disaster for the team as he cannot defend a jot and cannot attack from that position. Central midfield with just the two was overrun.

Once again only Jimenez can actually score. There needs to be an improvement in this respect or we are really walking on thin ice for the season's hopes. One man cannot score all the goals.

Introducing Mr Jeff Shi – Executive chairman, board member, acting managing director, acting sporting director, unofficial deputy to Raul Jimenez in the striker department and confirmed Banks's drinker

Post Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:46 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Encouraging second half, but had a mountain to climb after giving them the freedom of Molineux in the first... I thought we approached the game in the wrong way. You've got to stick it to teams like this. Let them come onto you and they'll Pick you apart, but get at their jittery defence and anything can happen. We didn't until it was too late and we payed the price.

Agree about Traore at RWB... That's a bridge too far for even Nuno's coaching team.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:05 pm 
Manager
Manager

City were playing 2-4-4 or 2-5-3 and always had a man or two extra than us. Our passing was woeful but wewereovercrowded in midfield and couldn’t get out of defence in the first half. They seemed to drop back a bit in the second half which gave us the chances but then they stepped forward again and that was that.

Yep, Shrps, I was feeling quite content right at the end that we’d lose 2-1! Bollocks.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:42 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

In the first half it looked like a chasm in class between us and them. I think there are few of us who believe that Traore will ever be able to defend that right back position. Hopefully Semedo will come in and last a few matches before he gets injured. In the second half we pretty much matched them going forward but the inability to take 4 or 5 good chances meant we didn't get it back to 2-1 soon enough. Silva Podence and Neto need to start finding some finishing form if we are to get anywhere.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:41 pm 
Manager
Manager

First half totally smothered, overrun and outclassed. Second half a vast improvement and had we been clinical in chance conversion might even have turned the game on its head. We don't have the Doc and Jonny as wing backs now and the loss of Marcal after only six minutes was disruptive. Vinagre won't cut it at this level and he and Traore being our wing backs against better class opposition is an Achilles heel. Hopefully if Semedo comes here, things will gradually improve on that front. Moutinho showed his age last night and Boly was uncharacteristically poor in distribution. That's one game gone and let's move on and learn from it.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:44 pm 
Manager
Manager

gladbachwolf wrote:
First half totally smothered, overrun and outclassed. Second half a vast improvement and had we been clinical in chance conversion might even have turned the game on its head. We don't have the Doc and Jonny as wing backs now and the loss of Marcal after only six minutes was disruptive. Vinagre won't cut it at this level and he and Traore being our wing backs against better class opposition is an Achilles heel. Hopefully if Semedo comes here, things will gradually improve on that front. Moutinho showed his age last night and Boly was uncharacteristically poor in distribution. That's one game gone and let's move on and learn from it.

Pretty much how I saw it. The first half was a slow motion car crash, and we were lucky to get to the break at 0-2. Second half continued from the first for a while, but once Traore pushed up we had City on the back-foot and Podence got going. Mind you, what you'd give to have De Bruyne in your team, what a player. Could we have man marked him with say Neves? KDB ran the show.

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies